SBA 504 Loan Program
Commercial Real Estate & Capital Equipment
To provide long term, below market rate financing to businesses that will retain jobs and create new employment opportunities in the State of Georgia, and Beaufort, Hampton and Jasper Counties in South Carolina.
- Purchase Existing Building
- Land Acquisition and Ground Up Construction (includes soft cost development fees)
- Expansion of Existing Building
- Finance Building Improvements
- Purchase Equipment
- Loan Amount
- No Project Maximum. SBA portion $25,000 to $5,000,000 ($5.5 million for energy savings and small manufacturers)
- Participation Levels
- Private lender: 50% of total project cost.
- SBAC: Up to 40% of total project cost; $1.5/$4 million maximum.
- Small Business Concern: 10% of the total project cost; maximum of 20% as regulated by SBAC.
- Private lender: Senior lien on project property as determined by private lender.
- SBAC: Subordinate lien on project property and/or pledge of personal assets, personal guaranty of owner(s) as determined by SBAC.
- Private lender: 10 or 20 years as determined by private lender.
- SBAC: 10 or 20 years, as determined by SBAC.
- Interest Rate
- Private lender: Current prime rate plus percentage points, variable or fixed, depending on project feasibility as determined by the private lender.
- SBAC: Interest rates on 504 loans are set monthly at an increment above the 10 year U.S. Treasury issues. (Fixed).
- Fees to Borrower
- Private lender: One-time participation fee of one-half of 1% of the First Mortgage.
- SBAC: One-time processing fee of 1.5% of the total SBAC debenture amount. A $1,000 packaging fee is collected prior to processing the 504 request.
- Minimum Equity Investment
- Minimum 10% to 20% equity in the project is required as regulated by SBAC. Start up businesses require an additional 5% and single purpose real estate projects require and additional 5% for a maximum down payment requirement of 20%.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CRITERIA
Standard SBAC criteria mandate the following: one new job or job retained per $65,000 of total 504 loan amount (i.e., $650,000 = 10 jobs required). Job creation criteria can be waived if the project involves exporting, is located in a revitalization district, rural area, is woman, veteran or minority owned, or meets any other national priority. Small manufacturing is calculated at $100,000 per job.
HOW TO APPLY:
Obtain a loan application:
- Apply Online
- Download the Application (PDF format) and return completed form by fax to (912) 232-0385
- Contact the SBAC by Phone at (912) 232-4700
- Visit the SBAC Office: 111 E. Liberty Street, Suite 100 – Savannah, GA 31401
All rates and terms subject to change without notice.