City of Savannah Business Loan Guaranty Program
To assist Savannah businesses with financing under the City of Savannah’s CDBG Revolving Loan Fund, the SBAC guarantees business loans that are made by lending institutions to qualified borrowers. Priority is given to businesses located in low to moderate income neighborhoods, minority-owned businesses, and businesses that will create jobs for low to moderate income persons.
- Land and building acquisition
- Acquisition of inventory
- Renovation of current facilities
- Payment of accounts payable
- Acquisition of machinery and equipment
- Business buyouts
- Acquisition of furniture & fixtures
- Working capital
- Loan Amount
- Minimum Amount: $5,000 as required by most participating lending institutions.
- Maximum Amount: SBAC’s maximum 80% guaranty participation limited to maximum $80,000 guaranty. For loans exceeding $100,000, the participating lender must agree to reduce the SBAC guaranty share. The SBAC provides a maximum 90% guaranty participation limited to maximum $90,000 guaranty for projects located within the City of Savannah’s designated poverty area.
- Personal guaranty secured by mortgage on real property if available.
- Security interest on business assets as required by the lending institution and/or the SBAC.
- Guaranty term fully amortized up to five (5) years
- Fees to Borrower
- One and one half percent (1.5%) of the guaranteed portion of the loan must be paid to the SBAC by the borrower. The borrower may use the loan proceeds to pay the fee. In addition, the borrower is responsible for closing costs. Prepayment penalty fee is not permitted on an SBAC guaranteed loan.
Businesses that meet the following SBAC criteria:
- For-profit corporation, partnership, proprietors, or producer’s cooperatives.
- Businesses operating in Savannah or planning to be located in Savannah.